This is one of my favourite Quiche recipes and tastes delicious hot or cold, great with green salad and hot buttered new potatoes.
- 400g plain flour
- 200g butter
- teaspoon paprika
- cold water (to mix)
- 750g red onions finely sliced.
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbs fresh thyme leaves only
- 6 eggs
- 750ml milk
- 200g stilton
- Make pastry, mix butter and paprika into flour until it resembles breadcrumbs then add cold water until it binds together, chill in fridge for 30mins.
- Heat oven to 190C or fan 180C Slide a baking tray into heat
- Roll pastry out and line a deep flan dish about 22cm diameter. line with baking parchment fill with baking beans and bake blind on the hot baking sheet for 15mins
- Remove baking parchment and beans brush with egg white and return to the oven for 8-10mins.
- Meanwhile cook the onions in the oil until starting to soften, add thyme and salt and pepper. Cook slowly for about 15mins until the onions are brown and caramelised.
- Separate 3 eggs mix 3 whole eggs with 3 egg whites and the milk
- Fill the baked flan case with the onions crumble in the cheese, then pour in the milk and egg mixture.
- Bake on the baking sheet for between 30-40mins